What is Instant pot basmati rice?
I’m writing this to clear the confusion that many people have about Instant pot basmati rice and brown Basmati rice instant pot. Some people say brown rice is good for diabetes and others say basmati rice is low GI and is even better than brown rice for people with diabetes, it seems to me that many people are confused. Number 1 thing is variety the name basmati rice refers to a special variety of rice traditionally grown in India, Nepal, Pakistan and other parts of Asia.
Is basmati rice healthier then white rice?
The brain provides dietary fibre and essential fatty acids and the germs contain a number of nutrients, the brown version of basmati rice (and all rice) is generally considered healthier than the white rice.
Can we eat basmati rice Instant pot daily?
Therefore, while white basmati rice Instant pot can be enjoyed in moderation, brown basmati may be a better overall option for your health. Refined grains like white basmati rice are associated with obesity. Thus, they’re best eaten in moderation.
Does basmati rice make you fat?
Basmati rice in its whole-grain form can fit into any health plan. It is claimed that basmati rice is lower in calories compared to regular long-grain rice. It has a lower glycemic index (GI), making it a better choice when you’re trying to get rid of your belly fat or maintain a healthy weight.
Instant pot basmati rice has to be
Perfect basmati rice has to be
• Nutty flavoured
• Separate ( not sticky)
Why basmati rice is expensive?
The paddy is purchased from the open market and then they are aged for a long period. This is a very time-consuming process and requires particular conditions for ageing and warehousing. This leads to an increase in the overall cost of the rice.
Two ways to make instant pot basmati rice
There are two ways to make basmati rice in an instant pot.
Pot in pot method
(works best when cooking less then 2 cups of rice)
Instant pot basmati rice Ingredients
Basmati rice: 1 cup
water: 1 1/2 cups
Salt: 1 tablespoon
Instructions of making Instant pot basmati rice
• In basmati rice pot in pot method rinse 1 cup basmati rice, drain them and add to a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and also add 1 tablespoon salt.
• Place bowl of rice on the trivet and place it in instant pot. Close the instant pot and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
• Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow 5 minutes of natural pressure release and open the lid, the basmati rice is perfectly cooked.
Main pot method
(works best, when cooking more than 2 cups of rice)
Brown basmati rice instant pot Ingredients
Basmati rice: 1 1/2 cups
water: 3 cups
Salt: 1 tablespoon
Brown basmati rice instant pot Instructions
• Basmati rice in main pot method rince 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice, drain well and add to the instant pot then add 3 cups of water and also 1 tablespoon of salt.
• Make sure rice is underwater. Close the instant pot and turn the pressure valve to sealing cook on low pressure for 5 minutes quick release and open, basmati rice is perfectly cooked.
What are the health benefits of basmati rice?
Basmati is gluten-free and low in fat. It contains all right essential amino acids, folic acid, and is very low in sodium and has no cholesterol. Instant pot basmati rice has a low to the medium glycemic index (GI), meaning that energy is released at a slower, stead’s rate leading to a more balanced level of energy.
Which rice is better Instant pot basmati rice OR Brown basmati rice Instant pot
• White rice has a higher glycerin index (around 90)
• Parboiled rice, basmati rice and brown rice has moderate glycerin index (around 50)
• Wild rice has a lower glycemic index (around 30)
• Lower the glycemic index, slower hike in sugar levels thus more Healthier.
• Comparatively for daily eating, basmati rice is better than other rice, and brown basmati rice is even better than basmati rice.
• Good for diabetics and weight watches in moderate quantity.
Flat bottom bowls
Use flat bottom bowls for pot in pot. Don’t use a pyrex bowl, rice won’t be cooked properly, in such cases cook the half-cooked rice on the stovetop with extra water, don’t try again the same rice in the instant pot.
Stacking bowls are real handy. You can cook rice, other food, pulses at a time. Pulses also cooked well in the instant pot. Remember that always keep the lid in between, to stack different bowls.
Instant pot water draining tips
After the pressure is gone, keep the lid on the handle. Extra water will be collected in a condensation collector.
Instant pot cleaning tips
After few uses, the pot gets hard water stains so here is a method. Add water also add chopped lemon peel (used) even the steel stand also gets cleaned. Use instant pot for cooking pot in pot. Then you can see the pot got cleaned without scrubbing. It’s super easy to clean, sparkling and shiny pot.
Method to use citric acid
If you are using citric acid to clean instant pot, add 1/4 tablespoon citric acid and add water. As citric acid is edible and safe to use the instant pot for cooking. This is a very simple way to get rid of stains without scrubbing.
Serve with dishes
• chicken curry
• potato curry
• Meat curry
|prep time||5 minutes|
|cooking time||5 minutes|
|main item||basmati rice|
|source||side dish, dinner, lunch|
How to cook perfect instant pot basmati rice
For perfect cooking of basmati rice, you can focus on some important things
• Perfection on amount of water
• Perfection on amount of time